obey-robots.txt

pHpFusion-Nederlands

Nederlands-, Vlaamstalige pHp-Fusion support site voor België en Nederland.

PHP-Fusion is een open-source "Content Magagement System" (CMS) geschreven in PHP en MySQL.
 Het beheren van uw site gaat met een eenvoudig en begrijpbaar administratie systeem.
 PHP-Fusion bevat o.a. een forum, shoutbox, enquêtes, profielpagina's, nieuws, fotogalerij, weblinks enz.
 Uiteraard is de standaardinstallatie nog uit te breiden met infusies (modules) en andere thema's (skins).

Inloggen
Geef gebruikersnaam

Wachtwoord

Nog geen lid?

» Registreer «
Als geregistreerd lid kunt u reageren en alle extra functies gebruiken.

Wachtwoord vergeten?
Verzoek nieuw wachtwoord.
Gebruikers Online
» Gasten online: 8

» Leden online: 0
» Nieuwste lid: BlackHawk
Recent Online
Onderwerp bekijken
(Niet voor support gebruiken aub)
 Onderwerp afdrukken
PHP-MySQL Help
afoster
This is not a php-fusion issue and hope that someone can help me with this problem. I am trying to use the attached file to pull data from mysql tables without the use of maincore.php. I would like the data to be pulled into 3 columns as this file does. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
afoster voegde bij, bestand:
3columns.zip [1.06KB / 66 Downloads]

douwe_yntema
I Looked at your file, but you are saying pulling data from a table without use of maincore.php, but maincore.php is included in your script, in line 13.

furthermore the name fusion_players18 is the name of the database as a constant, but is this constant declared somewhere? Not in your script. There should be something like:
define("FUSION_PLAYERS18", DB_PREFIX."players18"); or use the name as a string, so it would be "fusion_players18" with quotes
Constants are always in capitals.

Keep in mind you are making a database connection in line 8, but are also including maincore on line 13, but on maincore there is also a connection made to a database. You can only have one connection active at a moment, so after calling maincore.php, your connection in line 8 is lost.

with mysqli_select_db you can select different database on same connection. In the past I made a script to switch to another database via another connection, but that was with mysql, not mysqli. You had to force a new connection by adding a parameter True for option force new link. But mysql is deprecated now. I don't know if this works with mysqli

Hope I pointing you some directions.

btw: What exactly goes wrong with your scrip? Smile

afoster

douwe_yntema schreef:

I Looked at your file, but you are saying pulling data from a table without use of maincore.php, but maincore.php is included in your script, in line 13.

furthermore the name fusion_players18 is the name of the database as a constant, but is this constant declared somewhere? Not in your script. There should be something like:
define("FUSION_PLAYERS18", DB_PREFIX."players18"); or use the name as a string, so it would be "fusion_players18" with quotes

Keep in mind you are making a database connection in line 8, but are also including maincore on line 13, but on maincore there is also a connection made to a database. You can only have one connection active at a moment, so after calling maincore.php, your connection in line 8 is lost.

with mysqli_select_db you can select different database on same connection. In the past I made a script to switch to another database via another connection, but that was with mysql, not mysqli. You had to force a new connection by adding a parameter True for option force new link. But mysql is deprecated now. I don't know if this works with mysqli

I was not very clear in my post. The file I attached worked fine if I use maincore.php. It does not work however, if maincore.php is not there. What I want to do is use the file to use in a folder that is not php-fusion based, and therefore would not use maincore.php.

I will review your post to see if I can make sense of what you said, since I am not very good at php. I thank you for taking the time to respond.

afoster

douwe_yntema schreef:

BTW, you can see the result of the file I sent you using maincore.php here. http://fredsfollies.com/sports/winner...rs19_2.php

douwe_yntema
Untested version attached

https://www.w3schools.com/php7/php7_r...mysqli.asp
douwe_yntema voegde bij, bestand:
3columns_modified.zip [1.18KB / 62 Downloads]

afoster

Thanks for your help on this and the file you attached. Unfortunately it only pulls the user name in the table and only in the first column. I am attaching a screen shot of a portion of the page to give you an idea of what I am describing.

I also noticed that the link you send from w3schools.com is for php7, my host is running 5.63 which is probably the reason your file is not working properly.
afoster voegde bij, afbeelding: (Klik het plaatje voor vergroting!)
3columns.jpg

Gewijzigd door afoster op 26 februari 2019, 16:26

douwe_yntema
I am sorry, there was a typo in the file.
Like I said it was untested.

Corrected version attached
douwe_yntema voegde bij, bestand:
3columns_modified_2.zip [1.19KB / 73 Downloads]

afoster
Works perfectly, thank you so much. I will now adapt the file to work in a folder that is in no way related to php-fusion. I have a good feeling that it will work.

Spring naar forum:
Nieuw onderwerp Antwoorden
Gebruik BBcode of HTML om naar; 'PHP-MySQL Help', te verwijzen!
BBcode:
HTML:
Vergelijkbare onderwerpen
Onderwerp Forum         Laatste bericht
Hulp gevraagd bij mysql DB en PHP pagina's website Algemene v7 support : 3 06 nov 2014, 09:30
Mysql Algemene v7 support : 3 17 feb 2013, 22:09